disclaimer

The contents in this blog are the expressed opinions of the author, and in no way replace the advice of your physician. Always consult a physician prior to starting any weight loss program.

Friday, July 11, 2014

THERE ARE FORCES WORKING AGAINST YOU!

Yes this is true. There are forces that want to prevent you from succeeding. One of them is sickness and injury. We all have been "down" with one of these, but we don't have to let them reign in our life. I have been dealing with a foot injury for several weeks and I am saying now I am healed and I'm stickin to it. Just because you are sick or injured does not mean you have to stop moving. If you can't walk or run, ride a bike or lift weights. Just DO SOMETHING!!!  I have a friend that fell down some stairs and broke her wrist. Now for some reason she does not think she can walk either. She is so fearful that she will fall again. FEAR is another force that we have to contend with. I am a skier and even though I have been skiing for 30 years I still have to fight the little voice in my head that says, "Oh you might fall, you better watch out" I just have to quiet it and say I KNOW HOW TO SKI I AM NOT GOING TO FALL! It's a total mind trip. I like to use my illness and injuries to my advantage by fasting for a day or so, just to cleanse and reduce my intake. I do know that injury and illness does ZAP your strength and you do need rest and nourishment during this time. But keep some activity in your routine. Do your pushups or situps, as to not get out of the habit of exercise. The other thing is that sometimes sickness can be the only time we can give ourselves a break. Seriously my granddaughter said to me one day, " I wish I was sick so I don't have to go to school" to me that was profound. That to her school is so bad that she would rather be sick. We all need a break from work and school. I like to schedule time off that is neither sick time or vacation time, just SELF CARE time. I highly recommend it. The problem with doing this is what do you do with this time? Just taking time off does not seem like enough so schedule some things to pamper yourself, whether it be getting your hair done or a massage or a lunch with a friend, things that otherwise you have to squeeze into your normal week day making them less enjoyable.
In review: to defeat the forces working against you...
IF YOU CAN'T WALK DO SOMETHING TO KEEP MOVING
RESIST THE FEAR
DO NOT FALL INTO THE HABIT OF BEING "SICK" TO GET REST
SCHEDULE TIME OFF TO REGENERATE
NEVER GIVE UP
2 priest and a rabbi
BELIEVE AND BE HEALED

No comments:

Post a Comment