disclaimer

The contents in this blog are the expressed opinions of the author, and in no way replace the advice of your physician. Always consult a physician prior to starting any weight loss program.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

STOP! READ THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE ANOTHER BITE...OF ANYTHING

I don't usually post so close together but I had an ephiphany and this has to be said before it loses its impact. A couple weeks ago, do you remember I asked you if you were guilty of any the "5 THINGS" and one of them was eating for various reasons, none of them being hunger? Well I had been using a technique to "FEEL" what I was feeling in these times instead of eating and it came to me that I eat because I FEAR FAILURE! ALL THE TIME. It was amazing not scary at all.
Haley Joel Osmet, "I see dead people"
Because I don't feel like Haley Joel Osment on the 6th Sense or anything like that, it is just a realization. More like, so that's what it is...aha kind of thing. So how does that translate to weight loss you might be thinking? Well now it's time to face the fear, feel the fear and then dismiss it because, the truth be told, I am no spring chicken and I have been around the block a few times, I am not afraid. So where is this fear feeling coming from? It's old news basically stuffed down down down deep into our memory from some stupid incident (like selling your own homemade taffy that was gray from the dirt on your fingers) that happened when you were a kid but you think you have overcome it. No it's still there so bring it up and look it straight in the face and say, Hey kid "I got this" relax. Then go do something towards pursuing your passion, to make your goals seem a little closer, instead of eating.  Yours may be something totally different the point here is to make contact with it, don't be afraid of it, feel it and conquer it. Just like Haley Joel in the 6th Sense once he stopped being afraid of his "gift" he was able to use it to his benefit and help others as well. Be curious about the why and then you will begin to find out the how.

No comments:

Post a Comment