disclaimer

The contents in this blog are the expressed opinions of the author, and in no way replace the advice of your physician. Always consult a physician prior to starting any weight loss program.

Friday, June 27, 2014

THE BEST DRUG FOR STRESS RELIEF

As a nurse I have given many a medication to my patients throughout my career, for their physical pain and stress relief. Personally I do not resort to drugs, however I do remember a certain drug I was given after giving birth to my first child. I had to have a C-section and in recovery when I began to feel the pain of my incision, my nurse came in and gave me a little bit of a drug that was commonly used in Labor and delivery back then. As soon as she gave it to me in my IV, it felt as though someone began to slowly pour cool water on top of my head and it gently worked it's way down through my whole body...it was heaven! They took that drug off the market for some reason. But anyway....my go to drug now is best described in this short story:
Driving through downtown in blistering hot temperatures, window's rolled down, because the air is not working, stuck in road construction, and have to be somewhere in 15 minutes. Feeling a bit stressed, I reach under my seat for my good ole cd's and put in Stevie Ray Vaughn and immediately, my breathing is changed, the cool water begins again to flow down from the top of my head to my toes. The blues is my drug. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment